There's still so much work to be done, but we must acknowledge the evidence of our collective movement into a brighter tomorrow. The decrease in COVID admissions and the increase in COVID discharges only points to the more manageable new normal. Many of our floors are returning to non COVID floors. We should be proud of our accomplishments and rejoice in the fact that we have had more successes than failures. THANKS TO ALL who have made this possible. A special thanks to:
- All physicians, who have put themselves and their families in harms way to uphold the Hippocratic Oath. Especially those who have been personally affected by the disease and those in the most impacted areas such as the ICU's and the Emergency Department. In addition, all of the residents and physicians who were redirected to COVID floors to help with the explosive need.
- All the nurses who care for our patients with compassion and skills, despite the fear. Join us in wishing them a Happy Nurse's Week.
- Our Administrative leaders and their teams; Michael Goldberg, Dr. Richard Schwarz, Dr. Corey Karlin-Zysman and Margaret Murphy, who have mobilized and organized an outstanding effort at LIJ to battle this pandemic.
A few updates and helpful information:
- COVID-19 Serology (Antibody) Testing is available to all Northwell team members and now including our Voluntary physicians. Testing is voluntary and is available at no cost to you in the myWellness Center (on the 1st floor near Vivo Health Pharmacy). Schedule an appointment by calling 516.734.7166 or by visiting northwell.edu/AntibodyTesting.
- The Northwell Health Intranet has many resources to assist and inform. The video series provides information on COVID and also offers CME. Click here to learn more.
- The LIJ Materials Department located on the ground level is providing PPE on a daily basis as needed.
- Fitting for N95 masks continues to be conducted at CLI 1979 Marcus Ave
- 7am to 7pm, Monday through Friday.
- Many of our Voluntary physicians are having challenges during this crisis. The Medical Staff Society has received a donation of PPE for our voluntary physicians. For more information please contact Jessica York at 718.470.8708.
- Emotional Support Resource Center: Access 24/7 at 516.344.4155
The Medical Staff Society has been and always will be available to assist our physicians. Please feel free to call 718.470.8708 with any concerns or need for assistance.
Carmen J. Rodriguez, MD, FACOG
LIJ Medical Staff Society