Share your passion and expertise: volunteer to serve on an MSSNY (medical society) committee.
We welcome thoughtful, forward-thinking members to contribute fresh, innovative ideas focused on strengthening the collective physician voice as we work to support our physician members. Volunteering your time, talent, and energy to the Medical Society grants you unparalleled access to an expanded network of peers, professionals, and thought leaders throughout the state. Shape the future of medicine and the physician-patient relationship.
Committee member expectations
- Support the mission of the organization
- Participate in committee meetings (frequency varies by committee)
- Keep committee materials and conversations confidential
- Respond timely to organizational requests
- Support any majority decision
- Recuse oneself when a potential conflict of interest is identified.
- Refer any media requests to [email protected].
Any member of the Medical Society of the State of New York is eligible for membership on the committees and commissions of the Council; however, committee participation is limited, and not all volunteers will be able to serve on a committee simultaneously.
Members may make recommendations for committee appointments, with any member able to self-nominate for a committee appointment. To nominate yourself or another member for a committee appointment, complete the Committee Recommendation Form and submit it to the Office of the President at [email protected].
The primary committee selection process takes place in the spring before the MSSNY House of Delegates, but committee appointments occur throughout the year. Questions about each committee’s selection process or duties may be directed to [email protected].